IRVINE, Calif. — Kelley Blue Book released its list of the 16 Best Family Cars of 2016. The list contains three minivans, six sedans, three two-row crossover/ SUVs and four three-row SUVs.
“For two weeks’ time we drove, lived with, folded down seats of, paired phones to and installed baby seats in each and every one of the contenders,” said Jack R. Nerad, executive editorial director and executive market analyst of Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com. “ … This wasn’t just a cursory exercise, but instead it drew heavily upon our family-car experiences, needs and wants.”
The cars listed on KBB’s 16 Best Family Cars include:
- Sedan: Honda Civic, Honda Accord, Kia Optima, Chevrolet Malibu, Chevrolet Impala and Hyundai Sonata
- Two-Row Crossover: Honda HR-V, Honda CR-V and Subaru Outback.
- Minivans: Kia Sedona, Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna.
- Three-Row Crossover / SUV: Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot and Chevrolet Tahoe.
- Runners-up were the Ford F-150, Ford Explorer, Hyundai Tucson, Kia Soul, Ram 1500, Subaru Crosstrek, Toyota Avalon and Toyota Camry.
Originally posted on F&I and Showroom