SAN FRANCISCO — Prodigy, a Stanford-StartX company dedicated to building solutions for auto retail, announced the launch of an all-in-one, tablet-based sales platform for dealerships. The new technology is based on 18 months of research and development in its Silicon Valley office, according to officials.
“Car-buying habits have been rapidly changing over the last few years, but technology within a dealership has remained stagnant,” said Michia Rohrssen, founder and CEO of Prodigy. “Our mission is to equip dealers with the technology needed to serve the modern car buyer in the most efficient and streamlined manner possible. With our new platform, dealerships can offer an entirely unprecedented customer experience from a single platform.”
Prodigy’s proprietary technology was built to communicate in real time with dealership systems, more than 1,300 finance sources and all three credit bureaus, enabling sales personnel to quickly and efficiently build perfect deals every time. The result, Rohrssen said, is a streamlined purchase process that reduces time per sale, increases customer transparency and boosts customer satisfaction, while retaining the dealer’s margins.
Key features of Prodigy’s system include:
- Predictive inventory filters, which can automatically narrow down even the largest of car lots down to a handful of cars based on a consumer’s needs, wants and budget
- Mobile driver’s license scan to go from greeting to test-drive right on the lot
- Intelligent vehicle information lookup that combines OEM specifications with third-party resources such as Edmunds.com and KBB
- Accurate payments for finance and lease options based on customer credit, OEM offers and dealer margins
- Real-time communication between sales personnel and managers to assist with negotiations and turnovers
- Digital signature capture and full-form credit application that connects with more than 1,300 lenders
The technology is currently available by invitation only. Several dealerships, including Clawson Honda of Fresno (Calif.), have served as test sites.
“Customer service is at the heart of our dealership. We’re always looking for new ways to serve our customers better,” said Tony Audino, Clawson Honda’s general manager. “Prodigy helps us provide a more pleasant car-buying experience with the transparency and efficiency today’s car buyers demand.”
For more information, visit getprodigy.com.